Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Improvement

I just stopped by to see Dad today. Anna reported that he had a better day on Monday...was up for most of the day, talking a bit and eating (e.g., instant breakfast thickened with eggs for breakfast, pureed lentil soup for lunch, thickened apple juice). The gurgling is mostly gone too...Anna thinks the "patch" is working. The nurse had switched him from the liquid atropine to a patch, which I think she said is the same kind of thing used for seasickness. Apparently it also helps dry up the secretions. It is placed behind his ear. The nurse was there checking on him yesterday, and Anna said she is returning tomorrow. Today they said he's been sleeping most of the day, perhaps because he had such an eventful day yesterday. He looked comfortable, and was sleeping when I saw him, so I didn't want to disturb him. I was there picking up Haydee (car in the shop), so I will try and stop by again later in the day to see if he's more awake and have more of a visit. I forgot to mention that the nurse had said Dad's lungs were clear when she checked him yesterday.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I am glad that Dad is improving such that he doesn't have any fluid in his lungs.

I hope he continues to sleep well and enjoy the good moments.