Monday, January 08, 2007

Dad's Weekend

Dad woke me up about 2 am Saturday morning. He was chomping on nuts [He stood at my doorway until I woke up. In my dreams I thought it was the vacuum cleaner]. He wanted to talk about something, but I convinced him to wait until the morning. He spent the rest of the night in the easy chair with the afghan covering him completely (face included).

We went to church on Sunday. Dad was able to walk down the aisle just holding my arm and his cane. As we were leaving he was able to maneuver up the aisle by himself.

Today Dad went to the podiatrist to have his toes trimmed. Sometimes, when the doctor touches his big toes he starts to cry out, then he begins to laugh a bit. Not sure if it hurts or just scares him or both. The podiatrist told Dad to just relax his feet, but Dad keeps wanted to wiggle his feet a little.

We then went to Senior Services for the day. They made gingerbread cookies; he brought back a couple. When we left Dad wanted to make sure that all the ladies who were still there (about three) were "taken care of".

No comments: