Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Dad More Active this Weekend

Saturday Dad walked around the house more. Bettie reported that she got up at 6 am and couldn't find Dad. He was in the garage sitting in the car. I guess he wanted to go somewhere. He told Bettie he wished he could drive. Bettie said she wished she could drive him but she doesn't drive (she was in an accident a few years ago and didn't drive after that).

On Sunday morning he woke up about 6 am and went into the kitchen. He started to make coffee, putting water in the pot, but then stopped. He did put the coffee itself in the refrigerator. Then he went to bed again. Later he came into the kitchen, (without being helped out of bed), and said "Did you feed the children" (implying I was Mom!). Later he asked did I feed my children (he might have been trying to say that he knew I was his daughter, Not Mom!

At my house Dad asked for more chicken, (usually he justs eats what is on the plate only). Later that afternoon he went to the kitchen and searched for something to eat.

He was more expressive when he was talking, telling me he wished he could do something about the nails in his legs. (I gave him some Ibuprofen.). He said that he was sorry he couldn't drive but his legs were not well.

He also asked me some questions about why my last boyfriend left me. And he continued the conversation, what did he do when you broke up, how did he feel, etc.

Later we watched the football game and enjoyed the Panthers last second winning touchdown. I also watched the tennis US Open with Dad.

It was a nice evening. Dad watched another football game, but later said it was a waste of time it took place too far away.

No comments: