Sunday, February 07, 2010

Friday night

Tonight I stopped by to see Dad on my way to see a play at the local theater (with several friends from my charity group, Special Children's League.) I brought a gallon of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream over and got him a bowl and sat with him for a little while in the living room. He seemed comfortable and we chatted a little. He mentioned it was nice to see me, and his smile was bright and friendly. Somehow we got to talking about "girlfriends" and I commented that he has a few girlfriends here, and he laughed. I talked about his birthday coming up and when I asked him if he knew how old he would be, he said 73. That is the same age he has told me several times in the past year when I have asked him.

By the way, he has now been moved into the originally planned room (as the other lady has passed away), and it is quite nice.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I am jealous of his "girlfriends". I hope he remembers me when he read my card!