Monday, May 07, 2007

Dad did fine last weekend. We went out to dinner on Saturday and had swordfish with bean salsa. Dad did not eat much of the fish, but he ate his carrots and cake and some of his salad.

However on Sunday he developed an uncontrollable diarrhea. Bettie stayed with him in the afternoon and he had another episode then. Later that evening he had a third episode. Dad said he wanted to die. But he did not look in any pain; however, the diarrhea must have been burning to say the least. (there must be something going on--I have an achiness in my abdomen as well, not sure if it is related or different, but I didn't have diarrhea, but constipation).

I did not give him his Senna last night, may withhold it one more evening.

He is eating okay this morning. Maybe I will serve him some chicken noodle soup for lunch. I am keeping him home from Senior Services to make sure he is alright.

No comments: