Monday, May 21, 2007

Dad went to Symphony

Not only did Dad say he wanted to die, but that he WOULD die that evening. However, he has always been predicting his death (in the last 20 years), so I tried to cheer him up by reminding him of that. Also I said that I would miss him, that I needed to take care of him, that he is a good example to other people, etc. I hope it helped him!

Dad and I attended the symphony on Sunday afternoon. I was able to get an inexpensive senior ticket in the handicapped area (with individual chairs) at the Stevens Center.

Dad did not have much reaction to the music, but he said he enjoyed it. And it was a nice walk (about a block). I may take him to the New Years Pops concert next year.

During the weekend I worked on the jigsaw puzzle, and watched Dad. We are eating more in the dining room so that we can watch TV. Also since Dad stays at the table for a while after I am finished eating, I can be in the same room with him and it seems more friendly.

No comments: