Monday, August 13, 2007

Dad's Weekend

Saturday went well. Dad watched a lot of golf and I worked on the jigsaw puzzle (after going to my morning exercise class in the morning).

Later we went outside and looked at the tomato, pepper and watermelon plants that Ilene had planted. Dad had mentioned that he needed to clean out the gutters so I thought he might want to go outside for awhile. I did a little weeding and Dad sat on the side. He took a slight tumble while seated, but was okay, since he didn't fall much and it was on the grass. (Next time I will not let him walk with his slippers on; he might have had better balance with shoes). He laid there for awhile and then said how decrepit he felt.

After a while we went back in and had a nice fish meal. On Sunday we watched some more golf. Dad's eyes really lit up when he watched Tiger Woods sink the winning putt!

Today Dad complained that someone took $26,000 out of the account. They made him sign a paper. I told him we would call up Chip later and talk about it and that seemed to satisfy him.

No comments: