Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving Day was a very warm day--about 60 degrees. Suzie and Jacob came over and helped me bring the dinner back from the dining hall. There was enough from three boxes to feed us all, so had some leftovers!

I accidentally brought over pumpkin pies instead of sweet potato pies, but the pumpkin tasted quite good. I also had some Sara Lee pumpkin cheesecake as well that I had purchased at the store.

Later we went over to my house and had a simple supper of tomato soup and chow mein noodles. I had planned to make some clam chowder but forgot to buy the bacon and potato. So I will make it later this weekend.

I also set up the Xmas tree yesterday. I will do the decorating in stages so it will be easy. Hopefully Suzie and Jacob will stop by sometime to help, or perhaps Ilene and Dad can put up some ornaments next week. [I had also set up the Xmas tree at work. It was okay because there wasn't anybody at the library on Wednesday evening so it kept me occupied.]

Sometime I need to take Dad to get a replacement ID card as I accidentally threw his away. [I put it in a plastic bag and got it mixed up with the plastic bags filled with trash.] It is convenient to get it at the VA across from Homestead Hills.

Dad also has to see the dermatologist next week, as his rash on his chest doesn't want to go away. I have started to give him some Benadryl for it once a day.

No comments: