Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dad's Weekend

Dad and I had a busy weekend. Bettie stayed with Dad while I ran the Hospice 10 K Race.

Then I had dinner with Dad that evening. Sunday we had breakfast and later had some lunch from the dining hall. Bettie called in sick, so I got a extra ticket for Dad for the symphony. They let me have it free! We had some good seats in the back of the orchestra in handicapped seating. I fell asleep during the first part of the symphony. After the intermission I was more alert as the music was more lively (Rachmaninoff).

Monday I took Dad to Senior Services. I picked him up at dinner and ate food with him from the dining hall. [They will be opening the new dining hall that will serve the new condos as well as the independent living residents on April 24].

My friend Maira Anderson came over to watch Dad until 11:30.She can not watch Dad on a regular basis but gave me a referral of a lady that she works with . Dot Hughes will come over Saturday and visit and hopefully it will work out that she can watch Dad on Mondays.

Bettie then came over Monday at 11:30 pm. I came by this morning to bring Dad's prescriptions and some bread and other pharmacy items. Ilene arrived this afternoon and took her to work at the Homestead.

I will call Ilene later to see if she wants to stay the night or leave after midnight.

(I am supposed to take stool samples sometime to send it for cancer testing. I have to make sure Dad doesn't eat any red meat three days before test.)

No comments: