Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Addendum

I forgot to also mention that this evening Dad called to me in the kitchen (from the couch in the family room), saying "What do I do now Jennie?"

Also, about a week or ten days ago, I was showing him the large photo of all of us 6 kids with Mom & Dad from the beach in the black frame that i sent out here from W-S. He was naming everyone as I asked him. When I pointed to Jennie, he said "that's Ruby", and I said "no, Ruby's your sister, that's your daughter, Jennie". He gave a belly laugh. He got everyone but couldn't name me! When I said, "that's me, Barbara", again I got a belly laugh.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Dad doesn't believe you are the same person in the picture! Sometimes it is better to agree with everything Dad says (according to Alzheimer support group), because it is the truth in his reality. But I did argue occasionally with Dad as well, like when he thought I was Mom and asked "Is your Dad still in the Army?".