Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Well, Dad has his new walker with wheels. He seems to like it better. Going up the front stoop is a little tricky but we manage. When he left, his ankles hurt him for a second or two though when I move the walker away, until he can grasp it again at the bottom of the stoop.

We had a nice meal of meat loaf. I use a recipe that calls for a layer of mashed potatoes and cheese in the middle.  Dad has started leaving food on his plate, I think he is imitating Mom. (I never know for sure how much to serve Mom, since her appetite is small).  He said "should I leave food on my plate?" I wasn't sure whether that was a question or a remark. I also had Boston Creme Pie which I made thinking about Justine's birthday. (not to slight Ken. I will be making brownies later this week in your honor). 

I practiced my putting in the house using a ping pong ball. Mom gave me some good tips about differences in golf clubs and hitting underneath the ball when I was practicing my drive. (I am not sure that hitting a ball in the house is a good idea though) 

Suzie and her boyfriend Jacob stopped by.  Suzie took her Scrabble turn and then left shortly. (we are having a revolving scrabble game).

No comments: