Monday, October 01, 2007

Dad had an active weekend

Dad had an active weekend (After an active week-Ilene asked if his medication had been changed). We spend Saturday afternoon at my house. Dad watched some golf. Then we went back to his house for a chicken enchilada and snapper meal. We watched an Iwo Jima movie about the men who raised the flag.

Sunday Bettie watched Dad. I told him I would be back at 9 p.m.-he was wide awake (Sometimes he is asleep when I get back at that time) . Bettie said he was very active walking around, getting cheese out of the refrigerator, etc. Dad started talking a lot, asking all kinds of questions--He kept asking how much the electric bill was. He actually got up and turned off the lamp in the living room, as well as the light over the dining room table.

On Monday Dad had gotten up in the middle of the night and left the toilet seat up. He was sitting at the end of the bed watching TV. (Usually he stays in bed until I get him up). He seemed more alert than he has been recently. Plus he was getting around a lot without his cane.

When we got to the podiatrist he told the assistant that his wife had died. He seemed to think it was just a few days ago though. We talked about the upcoming trip to Florida. I hope he enjoys seeing Jennie and Anice and my cousins.

No comments: