Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday with Dad

This morning I awoke and found Dad in the easy chair with the afgan over him. He continued to sleep while I drank some coffee. When I took him to the bathroom I noticed the toilet had been used. Not sure if he used during the night or when Bettie was there.

Dad said that He had lost his......[I don't think he could think of the right word, so he looked down at this plate] and then said...bacon! He does that a lot. I know it must have been something important to him though. He also said he cousin lost his... bacon as well! He said it was his cousin on his mother's side, so I assume the cousin must be older than Dad.

I just got back from afternoon spent with Suzie. We went shopping for a few items. Then we went to my house and I looked at a Barbie doll clothes pattern and figured out what to buy at store. Then we went to the park. Suzie read a book and I jogged. Then we fed the ducks there.

When I got back Bettie reported that Dad walked around a lot. He also talked a lot. He worked on his hidden object puzzle and colored in the objects. He seemed to pick out quite a few objects.

Dad is now watching a football game and we will have leftovers and some pizza.

1 comment:

Justine said...

I know what you mean about the way Dad will start a sentence and then sort of insert a word from something he sees around him. He's done that a lot with me as well.

Thanks for adding in the comments from Bettie, Cathy.