Monday, October 06, 2008

Dad's Weekend

Ilene stayed with Dad late this Friday. I came in at 11:30 pm. I picked up Bettie because she was unable to get a ride and drove her to Dad's home.

On Saturday evening I came and picked up Dad. We went to the grocery store with Bettie. Dad enjoyed riding on the electric scooter in the store. Later I drove Dad to the dining hall to get a little walk. He stayed outside on the bench while I went it to get the meal. He talked to a couple of people who were also sitting. We had a nice mahi fish meal.

Sunday Dad woke up about 9 am. He made a sound of surprise when he woke up as if he was being startled, but he went back to sleep for a few more minutes. Maybe scary dreams or perhaps when he wakes up reality hits him hard! Later we went to my house where we ate the meal that I picked up. I added some roasted vegetables (zucchini, squash, eggplant, red onion and red, orange and yellow peppers). The dining room is getting into a rut of plain green beans and too-buttery carrots.

Dot came over last night for a few hours and gave Dad a shower. Before she came over he went over to the shower stall and tried to get into it

Dad seemed a little apathetic this weekend but this morning seemed more lively (maybe the shower woke him up?) He put on his pants by himself and seemed willing to do the exercise bike contraption. Earlier this weekend he didn't want to do it--said he wasn't able to do it!

This morning I noticed Dad hadn't had a bowel movement since Friday. So I asked Dot (who is watching Dad tonight) to give him the rest of the prune juice in the can and give him an overnight laxative.

Bettie will be coming in tonight about 11:30. Ilene will be coming earlier on Wednesday to help with grocery shopping. She has a gift card from Food Lion to use.

No comments: