Thursday, September 17, 2009

Phone Call with Dad


I set up a time to call when it is convenient for Dad (about 10 am Pacific Time). After Dad got on the phone he seemed very cheerful. He asked me how Jennie was doing. I said she was out riding her horse, along with Faye, "little Faye", [to make sure he knew it wasn't his sister].


I said I was doing well, that it was raining outside, so I was hoping that all the azalea bushes that had been pruned to the ground would start to "leaf" again. Dad said he "would follow me". I said I used to follow him!


He thanked me for cheering him up. I said I hope he would have a little "spring in his step" now, then realized that maybe his knee might be too sore for that, so then I said that well "you could twirl your finger around in the air" Ha Ha.


Then I said do you want to hang up first or second. He said yes, then started to making chewing noises [maybe eating]. Well, I said I don't want to hang up first. So I waited a couple of minutes, then said I really have to hang up now, I have to do my yoga exercises. Then I finally did hang up the phone!


It was nice to talk to Dad.


What did I do to deserve such a nice Dad!





No comments: