Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Last Friday and Monday

Dad had a pretty good therapy session last Friday. Since he was doing so well, we decided we would try and see if he could get into my van (hoping that perhaps I could take him for a ride on the weekend, and also to prepare for going to the doctor.) Dad seemed motivated to get in, but couldn't seem to get his butt up high enough on the seat, and then he started leaning back (but he was leaning towards the driver's side, not against the back of the seat.) He then seemed to be a little afraid and as we tried to assist him to come forward, he resisted, and leaned back (pattern we've seen in bed and before in hospital.) With Al's help, we eventually got him out, and Dad seemed a bit unhappy with us. He did do another walk in the house, and a brief set of exercises.

I had planned to check in at the end of Lucinda's therapy session yesterday (had Dylan with me, Paul/Ryland out of town), but I just missed her by the time I arrived. Lucinda told me that Dad did well with the walking and such. She tried getting in/out of bed...in was OK, but getting out was difficult again.

Lucinda mentioned that she wants to try the car again, so I will be there tomorrow and we will attempt it. We had the idea to try the 2nd row seat of my van (instead of passenger), which should actually be easier since the door won't be in the way, and also, allows easier assistance from someone who can sit in the 2nd row.

Lucinda also said that she has requested two more therapy sessions next week, but then he reaches his max on therapy. As it turns out, Dad has an appointment this Friday with the ortho surgeon, and I will talk to him about the possibility of more therapy. Depending upon how getting in the car goes tomorrow, i'll see if I need to arrange for a taxi to the doctor's appt again.

No comments: