Wednesday, June 23, 2010

No news is good news?

Got no calls while on my trip regarding Dad. Had texted Haydee and she reported that Dad has been walking and doing well. Have only been able to check in with him briefly the past couple of days since my return. On Monday he gave me a big smile and hello when I saw him. He was a bit reluctant to move from the couch and started very slightly to do the "push backwards" and "hand grabbing" when we were prompting him to lean forward, but eventually did do so and then walked with me about halfway down the hall. Yesterday I was delivering some lotion and only had a minute....they had just started dinner and he was digging into a nice looking plate of roasted chicken and a broiled potato/carrot vegetable dish. Al and Juana reported that he had been quite awake and talkative during the day.

Dad's bed alarm mat arrived while I was gone and I gave that to them as well.

No comments: