Friday, March 26, 2010

Heading to hospital

Got a call from Chris around 7:15 this morning at Emerald Isle. Al had heard a loud thud around 5:30am and found Dad on the floor in his room. Dad was complaining about his leg/hip area. Chris had contacted an ambulance service who was to pick him up and take him to the emergency room at 8:30am. I went over after getting kids off to school. When I arrived shortly after 8am, Dad was sitting in his wheelchair and Al was in the room with him watching TV. He was calm and responsive, but occasinally complained of the "constant pain" and was mentioning he had never broken his leg before. He was leaking through his pants, so Al, Anna and I worked together to lift/shift him to another wheelchair with a fresh diaper. He complained when being moved, and we also discovered an abrasion above his left elbow. The ambulance arrived around 8:50...they checked his BP (136/58) and he had a low pulse (58). They moved him to a gurney and loaded him in the ambulance. I had to take care of a couple of things at home, and now I will head over to the hospital where I assume they will take some x-rays. Will keep you all posted. Note that Justine is scheduled to arrive tonight...had planned to come in for the weekend to help me with Dad's taxes.

FYI...Al had reported that Dad had been sleeping very well and they had not administered the Haldol since the last time I reported it.

No comments: