Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dad's Last Few Days

I haven't had time to write down everything that happened this past weekend.

Just some observations: On the way to the visit with Dr. Lichstein Dad was worried that I was going to wreck the car. He also complained to Dr. Lichstein that I was spending all his money.

Dr. Lichstein seemed to think Dad was doing well. He asked again if someone was staying with him just during the day during the week. I said Ilene was with him 24/7. Then he said you mean 24/5! He will see him again in six months.

On Monday Dad was more active than usual. Instead of just watching me set up a jigsaw puzzle, he came over and attempted to help me turn over the pieces. He did that well, but couldn't seem to get the pieces together. He was trying to put pieces together that obviously did not match. I tried to explain the flat side edge pieces. It was fun to share an activity.

We had a nice dinner, sharing some crusted cod, chicken stir-fry, pea pods and broccoli and fried rice. I also ate half a piece of cake with a small scoop of ice cream and half a piece of impossible pie. Later I had some bread pudding and popcorn.

No comments: