Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Dad's New Years

On New Years Eve, Dad and I went to the Pops concert at Reynolds Auditorium with the Winston-Salem Symphony and featuring a soprano who sang both opera pop tunes, and some dancers who performed the dream sequence from Oklahoma. It was great!

New Years Dad came to my house. We had take out from the dining hall featuring Moravian chicken pie, shrimp newberg, pasta and vegetables and bread pudding, and of course some collard greens. (I skipped the black eye peas). I ate a small amount of collard greens, but I couldn't get Dad to eat them even though I said eating would give him luck or money! We then went downstairs to watch football games. He fell asleep after a while and I attempted to clean out some junk in the closet (small room off basement).

Dad had a bit of diarrhea but otherwise was okay. Luckily I had a change of clothes for him at my house.

No comments: