Friday, January 18, 2008

Dad's Visit With Dr. Lichstein

Yesterday was a busy day for Dad and me. We went to visit Dr. Lichstein. Dr. Lichstein reviewed Dad's medicines. His blood pressure was slightly higher 150 or so. But Ilene is recording his Bp on a weekly basis. He thinks that Dad should have lotion applied to his back and chest twice daily for itching. He doesn't think much of using the Claritin and Benadryl all the time. I am going to stop the Claritin and continue the Benadryl at night for a while and gradually stop it and see how it goes.

Dad seemed very alert. He also got a chest x-ray for the use of the Senior Services for monitoring tuberculosis.

Dad will also get his B12 injection at the VA or Donna Myrick RN (Suzie's mother in law) will inject him once a month. I will give a money card to Ilene once a month for checking BP-such as Burger King or Starbucks. I can give some money to Donna as well. ($40-50?)

When we got back we ate some dinner--Hawaiian chicken and cod, mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables (I made the vegetables). I ate Dad's roll, along with a brownie and a sugar free cookie, (Dad ate one of the cookies). I then passed out on the couch for an hour until Suzie came by and I returned to work until Midnight. Since Ilene is off this Friday for her once-a-month job, Bettie came by after her job at Homestead Hills and is there now until Suzie comes by again this afternoon for a few hours before I get off work at 7 pm. Bettie will spend one more night as well, so I can get to exercise class tomorrow. Then I will be back tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: