Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend with Dad

It got really cold this weekend in the 20s. Hopefully it will go back to the 40s soon. I almost got frostbite on my face on my run this Sunday.

Dad seemed a bit lethargic today compared to his norm. He slept a lot during the day on Saturday according to Bettie. He had to be coaxed to eat his dinner.

On Sunday he ate about half of his dinner, one slice of pizza and 1/2 of his salad. Though he did eat all of his ice cream and cake. I ended up eating his other slice of pizza. I have a hard time with pizza! I did manage to save half of the pizza and hopefully it will taste just as good next weekend (stored in the freezer). In the morning he did a few stretches while I was doing my yoga routine. [Mostly his arms go up and down.]

I plan to take Dad to my house on this Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday. Then come back for dinner. Ilene will come back about 8 pm.

1 comment:

Justine said...

I saw on the news about the cold weather on the east coast. So much for global warming! It's chilly here, but not below freezing.

Did Dr. Lichstein say anything about other things besides BP to monitor for Dad?

I don't really think it's necessary to give Ilene anything for doing the BP readings (part of her job), although I have no real problem with it if you want to do it. I'm sure you have a good sense of it.

Enjoy the day off - I'm off to work.

Justine