Saturday, April 10, 2010

Friday update

Today I spoke with the nurse who does the afternoon/evening shift. She told me that yesterday they saw that Dad had not eaten a lot and woke him up at 8 or so, reheated his dinner and he ate it. They are still feeding him most of the time, though. The doctor was in on Friday (Dr. Sheedy) and ordered the surgery staples removed. I also spoke with Kristin, who told me Dad was very sleepy both times that she went to do therapy. He kept his closed most of the time and didn't really talk to her. She discovered that yesterday he didn't actually get the stronger medication. He was given it today, and she thinks it may indeed have made him sleepier. In any case, she wasn't able to get him to do much in terms of moving himself. She says he will start to move his legs, but then stop and not respond when asked to continue. I asked about the next Team conference and she said it is scheduled for Thursday. I do find it rather confusing trying to get a good sense of what is going on, with different people reporting. I know that Dad's state would of course be different at different times of the day - and I guess that can be the difficulty with a facility - there isn't much of a true overview. All they can do is read the reports from others. It's good though that the same PT does see him every day - even though it is only for a short time.

No comments: