Monday, December 17, 2007

Dad's Weekend

Dad spent most of the weekend with Bettie. I was there Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings with him.

Saturday afternoon when I got back we had fish and pork dinners with zucchini and tomatoes and rice. Also sweet potato pie. We watched the movie "The Notebook" about the woman who has Alzheimers and doesn't recognize herself in the story that her husband is reading to her.

Sunday afternoon I brought Dad to my house for leftover steak, pasta and roasted vegetables. Followed by a cupcake and ice cream. Dad mentioned that I was really working hard at cleaning the kitchen! The cupcakes were for Collin's birthday. He wasn't able to make it, but hopefully next weekend he will be here to have some cupcakes!

Last night Dad got up before me and came in my room and started talking, but I was unable to stir and just told him to watch the TV for a while. Dad went around and turned on all the lights, double bolted the front door, etc. He also had slept in both of his beds! [He hasn't done that before.] When I awoke at 9 am he was sitting in the black chair because he had put the lazy boy chair all the way up and didn't seem to be able to get it down again.

He was complaining about spending money on used cars that didn't work. Also he didn't want to floss his teeth, it wasn't worth wasting his time on. He was also frustrated because he had painted a picture that didn't turn out well. It was still nice that he was talkative.

No comments: