Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dad Gets a New Identification Card

I just realized a couple of days ago that Dad would be asked for picture ID at the airport. He has a VA card, (but no drivers license). [I didn't want to have to carry his birth certificate-it is fragile and falling apart.]

So I went to the DMV. I needed two forms of ID so I had to go back home. I got a copy of his birth certificate. But they needed the original. Also Dad had to come and get a new picture.

After two trips, I brought his DD-214 and his original birth certificate and Dad! Bettie came also. I said I would drop her off at the shopping center for an hour. But she said no to that. She helped Dad negotiate the steps at the place.

I didn't have to wait too long. I guess a lot of people must be out shopping!

I also bought Dad some new pants. He only has one pair that is not falling off. I only had to make two trips to figure out the correct size. And I still have to return some. But I don't mind; I always have to return and exchange my own clothes at least once (especially when I don't try them on in the store!)

No comments: