Monday, December 22, 2008

More Thoughts on Dad's Visit with Dr. Lichstein

Well, here are some things I left out of the last blog.

Dr. Lichstein asked why Dad's left side of his mouth was drooping. I said does that mean he had a stroke? Dr. Lichstein asked my Dad to raise his arms up and then he said he didn't think so.

We talked about Dad's itching. Dr. Lichstein asked if Rx cream was doing any good--I said it seemed to work for about an hour. [Looking back, he hasn't scratched as much as he had been doing about a month ago]. I told him he takes claritin for it as well.

I also talked about Hospice as a place for Dad to go to. He said that they don't take Alzheimer patients. But I was only thinking of it as a place for late stages of life (like last couple of weeks?). He wasn't sure of that situation.

I might think of other things. I will try to write them down later.

No comments: