Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 3 in California

Dad was a little less confused today, and seemed happier. Still slept a lot, and took naps during the day. I think he found his favorite spot in my house which is a nice leather chair on our "sun porch" that looks out over our patio/pool area. It's a very warm spot and he sat down and watched (and slept) while Dylan rode his bike outside.

We went to CVS in late afternoon and Dad said he was up for walking around the store with me (with his walker.) About half way through the store I started to "smell" something. By the time we got home, he had leaked through his pants, so we had a bit of clean up to do. We had already taken a shower that morning, and it seemed to work out okay, so he got in for another after we returned to get cleaned up.

Seemed to really enjoy the Roast Filet Mignon meat I had cooked for dinner, along with salad, green beans, wheat english muffin and cheesecake for dessert. Played a little bit of cribbage with Ryland. Needed help, but did set his hand correctly without help a couple of times. Also seemed to be able to count the cards with prompting.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I finally figured out how to re-verify myself on Blogger and now allows me to leave comments after more than a year!

Dad seems to be enjoying his stay. I think the "die right here" comment related to his love of the ocean view.

Love, Jennie