Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dad's Visit with Dr. Lichstein

Dad visited Dr. Lichstein last Thursday.

First of all, Dad weighs 146. He has gradually lost about 10 pounds. I just noticed it recently in the last couple of weeks. I had to replace the large size Depends with medium size.

Dad's BP was 166. Dr. Lichstein did not comment on this during the visit. Later that week at home his BP was 130.

Dad was somewhat apathetic. I think it has something to do with the cold. Though Dr. Lichstein mentioned that Dad probably will gradually becoming more ? this coming year. [not sure what the word is].

Dr. Lichstein told Dad that he was "very expensive", when I mentioned moving to save money. I then mentioned to Dad that he used to tell us that it costs about $100,000 to raise each of us. I asked Dr. Lichstein about Dad living at my house. He also asked (like Justine) whether I could handle the burden of it. He seemed to think the chair lift was okay, though. His sister has one.

I told Dr. Lichstein about the visit to California and he reminded me to tell the airline about using wheelchairs, etc.

Dr. Lichstein renewed Dad's prescriptions. Dad got a flu shot. He also got a blood test, to test thyroid and other things.

No comments: