Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dad's arrival in California, December 27, 2008

Dad and Ken arrived without incident. Dylan and I had driven to the airport to pick them up. Ken said Dad only ate half a sandwich on the plane, so when he arrived at my house, after going to the bathroom and freshening up, he had a light meal of macaroni and cheese, english muffin and apricots (and took meds). He went right for the meal without prompting, and commented that the apricots were "really tasty". After eating, he sat on the couch with me, Ryland and Dylan watching the end of Oceans 13. Is now toileting before bedtime, around 10:15pm PST.

Though he asked some of the same questions repeatedly, overall he seems more alert than I expected. He definitely seemed intrigued with Dylan and Ryland, commenting that I had a blonde and a brunette, and I was halfway between!

I have set up the intercom to "monitor" his room (like we do Dylan's)...hopefully he will sleep comfortably through the night.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Dad also had macaroni and cheese for lunch! He didn't eat the celery though. He always eats the vegetables last and when there is a dessert nearby, he eats it first!