Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday

I was able to squeeze in a brief visit with Dad today. Today he was even more alert than a couple of nights ago, but he has been in bed for the last couple of days. Anna said that yesterday he had a total of about a "glass" of an applesauce-like mixture (thickened juice), and also that he was talking a little bit, doing so to indicate that either yes he wanted some, or no he didn't want anymore. While I was there today, he hadn't had anything yet and she asked if he wanted something and he said yes. He took several spoonfuls of the mixture and seemed to be doing an OK job swallowing. He was also "talking"...it was mumbly but he was getting sounds out, which he hadn't done the last couple of visits. He also didn't sound as gurgly (atropine might be helping with that, plus not eating as much.) I put my hand at the top of his chest however and it sounded a little "rattle-y". Anna said when changing him he definitely is moaning a bit when touched, and I saw a little of that today when I tried to help him move his head on the pillow. It was nice to see his eyes open more today, eating a little bit and talking a little.

4 comments:

Justine said...

This is good to hear!

Catherine said...

Would you like to Skype talk about your experience with Dad? I will be at home.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Barb said...

I could probably do a skype later today.

Justine said...

I could probably do this too - depends on timing.